Ok, so in a few days I am turning 40 (not that you’d know it from looking, right? RIGHT???) and I have spent the last few weeks contemplating the Big 40 blog post…and then I decided to do this instead…I may come back to the clever, contemplative introspective later – today, it’s all about the clothes!!! Or rather , the lack of clothing…..
Last week I saw an amazing post on how to pair cardigans (with waaay better photos too!!). Unfortunately (for me – awesome for her) the author looks to be a size 6. But her ideas were refreshing and inspiring. I decided to take it as a challenge, to see what I could pull out of my own closet, besides the ratty yoga pants I keep rambling on about….
So basically, here’s my take on cardigans.
- I would never belt them on me. Ever. Besides it would simply get swallowed up where my back-fat meets my love handles
- I would stick to lightweight fabrics, nothing ribbed or chunky. I have enough of that already
- I prefer to pair them with tunics and dresses
- I prefer to keep one hand on my cardigan-covered hip at all times apparently
- I usually go for solid color cardigan with patterned tunic. On me solid colors tend to show every lump, jiggle and gooshy thing more than a pattern would – it’s all smoke & mirrors
So I do own clothing – but because my weight keeps fluctuating (and by that I mean going up!!)I have limited available clothing. So, luckily (?!?!) I get to turn 40 in a few days and have received a few giftcards for shopping…(but not too many that I’d have turn down offers of more….just sayin…)
But if you have any ideas at all on ways to add to this meagre closet of mine that don’t involve the word stretchy or polyester….please please please let me know!!
In return, I’d love to find a new home for this stunning Esprit dress (see last pic). It has never been worn and is a size Large, it simply does not fit me in the right places. I can see it worn with a cami underneath unless you are um, interviewing for a new job or applying for a bank loan or something….then just wear as is, with heavy perfume and red red lipstick…
Just leave a comment and let me know you want it. If there are more than one of you, I will draw your name from a hat or something!! If this is simply not your size or style, I’d love for you to send to a friend, it really is that nice a dress! You would just have to decide for yourself: to wear with or without a cardi??? Also, I’d love to hook you up with the local designer who made my tunics, they were made to measure – feel free to ask!!